When should / shouldn’t a student attend classes at GWDA and what will happen if there is a POSITIVE COVID test result at our academy?
1. If there is a CONFIRMED case in our dance academy we will phone PHE and ask their advice and guidance. Due to us having social distancing in place it will be up to them to make the decision if the class bubble and teacher will need to isolate. If this was the case, classes will immediately switch to zoom.
2. If your child is sent home from school because there is a confirmed case in their school bubble and told they must isolate for 10-14 days they CANNOT come to our classes during this time, even if they have no symptoms.
3. If one of our student’s siblings / household member is isolating under the advice of Track and Trace or their school, and remains well with no symptoms, the student IS allowed to attend our classes.
4. If someone in your household (NOT one of our students directly) has a POSITIVE test but our student remains symptomless we do NOT need to close down our dance class bubble. This is because ourselves and the other students are SECONDARY contacts. The student in question however, will have to isolate with their household and NOT attend classes with us.
5. If a student attending our class has SYMPTOMS but no positive test, we can keep our class running until we know the results of the test. Obviously, the student with symptoms cannot attend while awaiting test results.
6. If someone in the household with one of our students has SYMPTOMS, we ask for you to isolate and NOT ATTEND our classes until you know the outcome of the test.
7. To explain our teacher / class set up’s in case of a positive result at our academy:
Bubble A is taught by Teacher A. If one student in bubble A tests positive for COVID19, that student, bubble A and teacher A have to isolate and our classes will switch to zoom.
Teacher A also taught bubble B & bubble C etc … These bubbles are counted as ‘SECONDARY’ contacts and do NOT have to isolate. Obviously a replacement teacher will teach the lessons whilst Teacher A isolates, or, if this is not possible classes will switch to Zoom.
8. Finally- DO NOT attend our classes if our student or their household have travelled outside of the UK within the last 14 days to countries not included in the ‘safe to travel’ corridors list as currently dictated by the UK government.
9. A reminder of CORONA virus symptoms:
-A high temperature
– A new, continuous cough
– The loss or change of sense of taste or smell